You will need:
- A prepared paragraph/ set of statements relevant to the current topic or previous topic taught
- A way of presenting these ideas- printed/ projector
How it works
- Create a paragraph or a series of statements with mistakes in! ADA uses 12 mistakes in his- 6x grammar and spelling/ literacy related and 6x content/ subject related.
- Pupils work in groups/ individually/ in pairs to correct the mistakes and the groups with the most correct corrections wins!
- This is a great way of reinforcing knowledge from previous lessons and ticking that literacy box as well!
- Pupils could have a whiteboard pen and come up and correct the mistakes on the board
- Pupils would work in two teams to beat each other, checking in with you as the teacher to see how many correct they have at different times!
- Use statements for lower ability groups
- Increase the difficulty of grammar in your paragraphs to stretch the higher ability learners
Great competitive and exciting tip shared by ADA! Thank you!